I can't believe it....

David C. Hacker, DVM yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 5 21:19:01 2004

I run both Gentoo and YDL.  YDL is much easier to install but the
upgrades aren't always there.  Gentoo will take you close to a day to
install the first time.  You have to follow the handbook line for line
unless you are very knowledgeable with the command line, since there is
no graphical installer.  The upside is once you have it installed you
can upgrade with very simple commands that will either download
binaries or automatically  compile the programs for your systems
specific features making them run a lot faster.  I personally like
gentoo a lot better.  Also, there is a lot more software available for
it.

David C. Hacker, DVM
212 N 1st St #2
New Salem, ND 58563