OT: Gentoo Q's

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 6 06:44:00 2004

At 16:31 +1000 on 2004-5-6 Greg Hamilton wrote:

 > A fairly simple way to upgrade to a 2.6 kernel for YDL would be to
 > download the latest YDL 2.6 development kernel in binary or source
 > form.

Before this one also needs to update the following minimal set of
packages: binutils, util-linux, e2fsprogs, and most importantly
module-init-tools (some more if one uses ReiserFS, PCMCIA, etc.).
This is the hardes part, as some packages are hard to find for YDL
(Fedora PPC RPMs sometimes work sometimes don't, and I am not aware of
other RPM source for all of these).

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.