icecast question

Francis X. Maier yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 8 21:07:01 2004

I'm running YDL 3.01.  I've successfully installed icecast 1 streaming
radio server (the support files for icecast 2 don't seem to be
available yet in ppc rpms, and my luck compiling them from source has
not been good).

According to the icecast docs, I should be able to http stream my mp3s
straight from my static_dir directory  -- in this case,
/usr/share/icecast/static.  I can listen to individual pieces just
fine.  See:

http://168.103.84.5:8000/file/von_bingen/instrumental_piece.mp3

But I'm completely confused about where to place my playlist, and how
to get my browser to read it, triggering the mp3s.  I'm also
experimenting with the MuSe broadcaster and xmms-liveice plugin, but
both have baffled me so far.

Anybody have any ideas?