Palm install

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 8 22:11:01 2004

Ed:

Ed Sutherland wrote:
>>a .vcf file. I transfered that file to my YDL box, changed the line
>>endings from Mac to Unix, and was able to import those to the PIM
>
> Clint,
> How do you change the line endings - in what application? Without it,
> jpilot just imports the first contact from the .vcf file. Thanks.

I wanted to say that I wrote some impressive Perl script that did a
find-and-replace on every instance of "\n" and replaced it with "\r,"
but that's not what I did. :-)

Open the file using "kate," and under "Tools" is the "End of Line"
option to change line endings (actually, I thought I did it in gedit,
but I cannot find the option there). This should work fine.

Best wishes,
Clint