Mkinitrd

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 11 09:26:01 2004

Hi.

At 18:17 +0400 on 2004-5-11 =?koi8-r?Q?=22?=Kouzmenko Serguei=?koi8-r?Q?=22=20?= wrote:

 > I'm try to build 2.6.5 kernel on PowerBook G4 under YDL 3.0.1 but I
 > need latest version Mkinitrd because after I do it I can start new
 > kernel 2.6.5 with only one problem that I find immediatly - I can't
 > use loadable modules at all.

I do not know about Mkinitrd not using it, but to work with modules
under the 2.6 series you need the module-init-tools package, see:

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/

http://rpmfind.net does come up with somw SRPMs and PPC RPMs for the
thing though I would not be sure they build on a YDL system.

I am not sure whether you would be able to use Mkinitrd without
module-init-tools anyway, so that is probably the first priority.

Hope this helps,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.