External Zip drive

Marcelo Giles yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 12 11:37:01 2004

Hi,

I think your problem has something to do with the /etc/fstab file.
I've found this googlin' the ydl lists archives:

"The line in /etc/fstab for the zip drive would look something like
this:

/dev/sda     /mnt/zip     ext2    noauto,user                 0 0

The "noauto" stops linux from trying to mount the zip disk at startup
(which would fail with no disc in the drive).  The "user" allows any
user, not just root, to mount the disk.  You clearly wouldn't want this
option for the system partitions but it's handy for removables."

If the instructions are correct, then to start using your zip drive,
you would simply type:

mount /mnt/zip
cd /mnt/zip

But I'm not shure about the file system you would use (ext2, ext3, hfs,
hfs+) on your zip discs. Perhaps you'll need to format them before you
can use them:

mkext2 /dev/sda

Or maybe it's /dev/sdb, not shure here, but hope this make you started.
What I'm sure of is that someone more knowledgeable than myself will
post something more useful soon! Just sit and wait, you'll see...