Problem with installation on G3 Yosemite

Tony yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 12 19:10:02 2004

I have a 300MHz G3 Yosemite tower.  I have been running various versions
  of Yellow Dog in the past without significant problems.  I tried
installing 3.0.1 but the installation appears to stall when attempting
to load the second CD.  After inserting the CD and clicking O.K. nothing
further happens.  (I have used these same CDs to successfully install
YDL on my iBook, so I know the CD's should be O.K.)

I have been suspecting that the hard drive may be causing me problems,
so I tried replacing the hard drive but it still stalls when trying to
load the second CD.

I am beginning to think it may be some other hardware issue.  Any
suggestions?  I may try an other version of YDL again to see what happens.

Tony