Powerbook and boot from CD problem

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 17 14:10:02 2004

Mr. Warm:

Jason Warm wrote:
> I am trying to install YDL from downloaded iso files. I have tried
> burning the CD on both Mac and PC and the result is the same. When I
> boot into OS 9, the CD mounts fine and I am able to read it, but when I
> hold down "C" to try to boot off the CD-ROM it fails everytime and
> simply boots from the HD.

What computer do you have? Only "New World" Macs (roughly, iMacs and
later that have built-in USB) can boot from the CD-ROM. Otherwise, if
you have an "Old World" Mac, you will have to follow the instructions
from the installation guide (well, actually, you would have to follow
instructions from the guide even if you were booting a New World Mac):

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/installation/ydl3.0_guide-single.pdf>

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint