Radeon 7000 and xinerama?

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 21 05:54:01 2004

>  > Can anyone state that they have dual monitors working with a Radeon
>>  7000 card?
>>
>>  I have had no luck so far, I have no reason to believe it is
>>  supported.
>>
>>  YDL 3.0.1
>>  kernel 2.4.26
>>  XFree 4.3.0-2.1e
>>  PowerTowerPro
>
>No, I believe dual monitor setups are not.  I have a PCI 7000 mac and
>can not get it to work in YDL.  I also have an AGP 7000 PC and can
>not get that to work in a PC running Mandrake/ Slackware/ or Suse.

Couple of updates...

1. XFree86.org implies, nay, states outright, that this card is fully
supported, including dual head mode. So methinks there should be
someone out there on the planet that has made this work.

2. I switched to XFree86 4.4.0 and made some progress. Think I'll
mosey over to another forum for more info. If I get it to work, I'll
be back.

Stefan Jeglinski