YDLFAQ

Longman, Bill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 25 14:36:01 2004

> Stefan Bruda wrote:
> > One more issue: I want to comment on a page, but I am asked
> to log in,
> > and then I cannot register or anything. But then this is perhaps
> > intended.
>
> During this alpha phase (in which the FAQers, and especially Bill are
> still learning the ropes), it is probably best that we keep things
> closed. Commenting here on this list, or privately to Bill
> will have to
> be the "comments" for now. I am sure that Bill will open the
> FAQ when he
> is ready.

Exactly, Clint. This site is alpha right now. I don't know how the link from
distrowatch was added but there's a large probability that that link will
break in the next few weeks. I'm looking into moving the site to a virtual
host on my server, so don't link to this right now -- it's alpha.

One last note on comments on SnipSnap. I think comments are a disservice to
the Wiki idea -- just edit the page. Comments are hidden unless you reveal
them, so it's not easy for someone to find the information. If you make a
germane comment, it should go on the Wiki page directly.

> > In passing, the comment I had was with respect to the page
> > http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Will+YDL+run+on+my+XYZ which
> > failed to enumerate between the alternate distribution arguably the
> > best of them all: Gentoo.
>
> I would be happy to add it (and any others you can think of)! Do you
> know of a link specifically for Gentoo on PPC?

Thanks for all your comments (and the barrage my web server took yesterday!)

Bill