Fedora Core 2 on PowerPC

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 25 19:14:01 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004 08:19:34 -0500, Clinton MacDonald wrote:

> Friends:
>
>  From OSDir.com, "Apple: Fedora Core 2 Also runs on PPC":
>
> <http://osdir.com/Article833.phtml>
>
> Maybe Yellow Dog has a little competition?

Maybe in time. Fwiw, having heard the same, I asked on the fedora general
list; latest most persuasive answer is that, at least for such deep
sub-technoids as myself, YDL is still much easier.

Fwiw, being in process of shifting over across the board from RH9 to
FC1, I'd heartily welcome a single OS I could run both on my own
machines and on my wife's G3 iBook, for which I have to play
troubleshooter. (I'm switching RH9 to FC1 for the second time -- had flat
panel monitor troubles the first, now overcome; but that's another story.)
So I'll be watching for YDL 4 -- preferably of course 4.1 ...

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I knnow very little of what I'm talking about!