YDL 4.0

Matt Verhoff yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 26 14:10:02 2004

Any word on what version of Java is included in 4.0?
Matt

                    Ryan Nix <rnix@prometheon.net>
                    Sent by:                                         To:     yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
                    yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsol       cc:
                    utions.com                                       Subject:     YDL 4.0

                    05/26/2004 03:36 PM
                    Please respond to yellowdog-general

It comes out Mid-June according to yesterday's mailing.  It will be
based on FC2.  2.6.6 kernel

Clinton MacDonald wrote:

> Helge:
>
> helgegrimm@abitours.net wrote:
>
>> I'm running YDL 3.0.1 on several "Old World" Macs (7600s with upgrade
>> cards, Beige G3). It runs great - it even recognized really cheap
>> generic USB ($4.99) and FireWire ($9.99) cards, USB scroll mice and
>> an iPod via plug and play.
>

> Wow -- that is very nice. I am about to load YDL onto a Power Mac
> 7500, and that is all good news.
>
>> Now I learned that YDL 4.0 will only "be supported" on "new world"
>> Macs. What does that mean? Will it really be impossible to install it
>> on older machines?
>

> I do not know the answer to this question. However, I have to ask:
> where does one learn about YDL 4? I have not seen anything on Terra
> Soft's Web site. Have I missed an important announcement? Is this an
> Internet rumor? Is more information available to subscribers to YDL.net?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best wishes,
> Clint
> (who feels so out-of-the-loop)

HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

This transmission is confidential and intended
solely for the person or organization to whom
it is addressed.  It may contain privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should not copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on it.

If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender at the e-mail address above.