Debian

James A. Ricken yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 26 21:15:02 2004

Hi Guys & Gals

I have a 8600 upgraded with a sonnet G4 400 proc card and also have 3
hard drives installed,one drive has Mac OS 9.0 and Ydl,3.0 on it,another
has OS X on it and the other has Linux Mandrake installed on it.

My question is I have a copy of Debian for ppc cd #1 and I was thinking
about installing it on one of the drives,I even went as far as booting
into debian installer using bootx .Everything went fine,but the only
drive that would show up to install debian was the scsi that came with
the computer it is only a 4gig scsi.why won't the others show up? they
are ide.
I was going to do a basic debian install does that include kde and
gnome?
Would this be even worth doing on an old world ppc?
Thanks Jim