Freshrpms and GIMP

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 27 16:11:01 2004

Christopher Brown wrote :

> Just updated yum from freshrpms and updated til my heart was content.
>
> PROBLEM: After installing GIMP, it is no longer represented in the start
> menu under Graphics and typing gimp in the terminal yields "command not
> found".
>
> Sorry if I'm missing the obvious but can anyone tell me how to run GIMP, at
> least can someone tell me where it went?

It probably got updated to gimp 1.3... I think I shouldn't have put that
package there in the first place, so I've removed it at last. Just do :
rpm -e gimp
yum install gimp

And you'll get the original gimp 1.2 back.

While I was at it changing the repository, I updated a few packages. So
there's xvidcore 1.0 final at last, the newer advancecomp/advancescan and
a few other more to come depending on how long my oldworld beige Mac will
take to compile them ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux kernel 2.6.6-1.383
Load : 1.60 1.76 1.56