New approach to install Yellow Dog Linux

Tobias Bohlin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 29 08:13:49 2004

Hi!

I am giving up the PowerPC 7100. Crappy desktop computer anyway. Found
a newer mac in the cellar + bits of pieces, e.g. 3 motherboards stuffed
with RAM etc. So I am putting together what I believe to be a Mac in
the 8000 series, it's got far better expansion capabilites, e.g. it's
 >=128 Mb RAM, burst memory for the processor, PCI slots, faster, like
100 Mhz or above etc.

I suppose I can installed Yellow Dog in this one? Should I rather try
3.0.1 than 3.0? What about 4.0 everybody's discussing? Why would one
(this one should be a DNS server) install Debian rather than Yellow Dog
by the way?

Cheers

Tobias