kde 3.2.1

Krischan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 29 13:00:50 2004

On 29 May 2004 07:53:27 -0500
"James A. Ricken" <jsac346@vfemail.net> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I just downloaded and installed kde 3.2.1 using konstruct,.cd
> meta/kde;install.
>
> I need to find out how to get the new kde started,what do I need to
> do?
>
> Also when my computer finally compiled everything it told me at the
> end that I needed the development bzip2 libraries,because they were
> not installed
>
> I hope someone can help.
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

do the following as root in a terminal:

"yum install bzip2-devel"

This should install the bzip2 development files correctly.

BTW: I am compiling kde3.2.2 via construct since yesterday or so. I came
across the same request (and many more) and hope that it will finish in
the "near" future".

Good Luck

Krischan

PS: to start kde3.2.whatever run the "startkde" command from the
directory you set as prefix, like /usr/local/kde3.2.2/startkde. Maybe
this works!