Is Linux Unix??

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 29 22:31:01 2004

Hey Ed,

 From what I understand, Unix began as proprietary software and thru
various transitions (FreeBSD, Solaris and others) linux was born. It's
kinda like "Are rottweilers and St Bernards the same?" The answer is
no, but they both come from the mastiff line.

Here's a little article from CNN

<http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/02/11/mini.linux.history.idg/>

	It's what you make it man
	Takes time