Quadruple Boot System

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 30 17:46:01 2004

I'd be inclined to install OS X and use a console login to run X11.
Then, as suggested in another post, install Fink or Darwin ports. You
can get to a console from the OS X login window by entering '>console'
as the username. This shuts down the window manager and gives you a
text mode console from which you can start X11.

This page on the O'Reilly site explains how to make OS X boot to a
console by default:

http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/348

I've run X11 full screen on OS X without Aqua. Cool, but a little slow
at as I don't think there was any support for video hardware
acceleration. The Apple supplied X11 does hardware acceleration but can
only be run rootless under Aqua. Very crap.