OT: tibook keeps making clunk sound

Terry Richards sn00per1 at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 1 16:14:59 MST 2004

Matthew Page wrote:

>Are you sure it's the hard drive and not a bad fan?  I've got a fan that
>makes a similar 'zipper grinding it's teeth' sound.  It doesn't happen
>all the time, but it's loud when it does.

if it was the fan it wouldn't be in short one second spurts separtated
by two seconds of quiet right? a fan would be doing it for longer
periods right?
it does seem to be connected to high heat...but i think getting very hot
is typical for tibooks and the noise doesn't seem to be coming from the
area where the fans are. as a matter of fact i am not sure i have ever
heard the fans run...maybe they don't and that is the reason ??? i guess
i could put some tisue paper in from of the holes and see if the air is
stiring.

:-)^2