YDL4--iBookG4, happy

Jim Pelton j.pelton at utah.edu
Thu Nov 4 16:25:50 MST 2004

Hello List! It's been a while, but I just installed YDL4 (yes, why not
fork out the 90 bucks and support the cause) a few days ago on my 12"
iBook G4 and life has been good ever since. I'm adjusting to using my
USB dongle again for wireless, and not having sleep functionality, but
being able to tinker with Linux on a new machine (aside from my x86 box)
has been great. MOL is awesome, even with my 384MB RAM. No sleep doesn't
bother me much, I usually don't need to power up/power down my machine
very often anyway.

Anyway just wanted to say how happy I am with this release. I am just as
happy with it as I am with FC2 on my x86 machine. Has anyone else had
similar results?

Also, does anyone know if the Airport Extreme slot is a special slot not
widely used by card manufacturers? It doesn't look like anything I've
seen available on cards at Comp USA or anywhere else and I haven't been
able to find any good info on the web.  Just curious, but you probably
know what I'm thinking!

--Jimbo