[OT} Debian

Ed Sutherland digital at twcny.rr.com
Fri Nov 5 07:54:28 MST 2004

As a Linux 'vet' (that is, a couple of years of trial-and-error
exploring every PPC-based distro and windowing environment out there),
my two-cents-worth is that Debian has greatly improved in ease-of-use
and installation. However, I'm still holding out for flash and shockwave
support before burning my bridges to a major desktop. I have my doubts
whether that support will ever arrive for my PPC -- a big part of my
buying a Windows machine in the near future.

Ed