Does Red Hack suck?

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Sun Nov 7 12:38:03 MST 2004

On Sunday 07 November 2004 16:34, Stefan Bruda wrote:

> Same goes here, though I am professor of computer science (thus a
> geek) and went for (horror!) Gentoo instead of Ubuntu.;-)

Hi Stefan,

I see no horror in installing Gentoo. I did that on Pcs, and after the first
YDL 4.0 install failure I gave it a try on PPC. Apart from the time required
to compile everything, I in the end gave up on configuring sound support.

But again, Linux on the PowerBook is more a comfort than a necessity, that's
probably why I did not try harder. Maybe if someone wrote a good walkthrough
to installing Gentoo on an Apple, this would help "half-geeks" like me ;)

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein