Does Red Hack suck?

Owen Stampflee ostampflee at terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 8 08:46:46 MST 2004

Guys,

The sound issue is a known issue on YDL4... we're working on it. The
fact is that the PowerMac sound drivers really suck, and it doesnt
matter what distro that you go with, sound will be still an issue.

Security errata will be coming more regularly, but we're busy... there
was a large amount of security errata done in April, it was just never
announced.

Even though our engineering staff has doubled (2 full timers, 2 part
timers) in size in the last year, we have a lot of work to do... with
both myself and AJ working crazy hours every week, we're barely able to
keep up... this will also mean YDL4.1 will be started very soon, and
it'll be a stabilized version of FC3 and a mix of YDL4, we're also
planning on doing some fun stuff on YDL.net, like iPod support, other
cool apps that get lots of chatter in the linux world, and some
component upgrades (lets hope we dont get sued for MP3 usage).

Cheers,
Owen
Owen Stampflee  ostampflee at terrasoftsolutions.com
Lead Software Engineer, Terra Soft Solutions, Inc
www.terrasoftsolutions.com www.yellowdoglinux.com