Ubuntu 4.10

GDB-B&W-X.3.6 slugg0 at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 10 22:04:01 MST 2004

Eric Dunbar wrote:
> Well, I managed to back up my 20 GB drive (over 802.11b... to disk
> images on my YDL server) and now have Unbuntu up and running. The
> install was as easy for YDL 3.0.1!
>
> What's my hardware?
>
> PowerBook G3/400 (Pismo), 512 MB RAM, 20 GB HD (partitioned: 5.1 GB
> formerly HFS+, now Ubuntu (3 partitions) & 13.6 GB HFS+ OS X 10.3.6)

<SNIP>

> Eric.

So a G4 or better is NOT necessary for this distro?  According to the
web page it says it is.  Nice to know as I already downloaded it for a
future install.  So how well does it run on the G3/400?  If I ever get
this B&W 400 fixed so it will boot properly I might give it a shot.

Just a message from Doug...