Ubuntu 4.10

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Thu Nov 11 09:28:51 MST 2004

On Thursday 11 November 2004 14:07, Brian McKee wrote:
> Can you explain your concern better to me?  Ubuntu has 'apt' which is
> often called the best of the package management systems.  Debian people
> sure think so anyway :-)   I would think it at least the equal of yum.
>   And while I haven't looked I thought the ppc packages available were
> pretty extensive... What don't I know?
>
> Brian

Ubuntu has 'apt' but installing anything that is not on the Ubuntu
repositories (either the supported ones or the "universe" unsupported ones)
will probably not run, or even corupt your installation. In other words:
Ubuntu "debian" packages are not compatible with "normal" debian packages -
or at least there is no guaranty that they are.

AFAIK compiling the sources should work

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein