Ubuntu 4.10

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Nov 11 10:15:19 MST 2004

junior gagne wrote :

> ubuntu have a way better that yum  its call synaptic
> and when  you open all scource you have so many pack  that  you will have
> a headeach before looking for  something that  you dont have

Well, synaptic is just a front-end to apt, and apt is just a dependency
solver used on top of .deb packages initially, but it also has an .rpm
based port, which is/was included in YDL.

For YDL 3.0 I provide apt and synaptic packages :
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/yellowdog/

The apt is pre-configured to fetch all files (the os, updates and my own
freshrpms.net packages) from ayo.freshrpms.net. Obviously, for 4.0, it
doesn't make sense yet since it hasn't been publicly released yet.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.9-1.667.radeonfb
Load : 0.25 0.74 0.98