AEC62XX Driver: Can ANYONE Help!?

Corbett Battaile ccb at ydl.net
Fri Nov 19 07:19:41 MST 2004

Good to know - thanks for the info! If I get a chance, I might try some
benchmarks with and without DMA enabled.

I may also try a Sonnet Tempo 133 card. Based on the board layout, it
appears to be a Promise chip, and presumably the BIOS is more Mac friendly
so hopefully I'll be able to leave DMA enabled without getting any errors.

Does anyone have experience with the Sonnet ATA133 card(s) on recent
kernels? My main concern stems from my experience with Sonnet's Presto
Gigabit NIC, which is based on a Realtek R8169 chip. Before I bought my
Presto GigE, I emailed Sonnet tech support to ask if the Presto is
compatible with YDL. They didn't know. Turns out, I couldn't get the Presto
to work with YDL, although it works fine with Redhat. Apple's BCM5703 and
Intel's Pro1000 cards work great with YDL, though. (The former requires
building and installing the bcm5700 modules for best performance.)

Thanks again,
- Corbett