AEC62XX Driver: Can ANYONE Help!?

Corbett Battaile ccb at ydl.net
Fri Nov 19 10:46:18 MST 2004

I missed that thread. In fact, if I had been a little more thorough before
buying the ACards, I probably would've given them a miss. My decision was
based on some (older) threads explaining that ACard chips worked great
with YDL but Promise did not. With the newer kernels, it seems to be the
other way around. Who would've thunk that a working driver would get
broken and then stay that way for so long?

I doubt I'll return the cards, since they do (allegedly) work fine under
OS X, and I have a few such machines that could use ATA133 cards. Plus
this is all work-related, and although I don't like to make a habit of
paying money to perform trial-and-error experiments, it is a legitimate
and acceptable expense (up to a point, of course).

Thanks again,
- Corbett

--
Corbett Battaile <ccb at ydl.net>