Triple boot MacOs 9/MacOs10/Linux : can't start MacOs 9

Charles Trois charles.trois at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 21 03:55:03 MST 2004

Hello!

When I installed YDL 3.0.1 on my G4 iMac, I had chosen MacOs 9 as the
default system.

Then the "x" and "l" keys, if pressed in good time, started MacOs 10 and
Linux respectively, as they should; otherwise, MacOs 9 would start after a
few seconds; pressing "m" did not make it faster.

Now, having installed MacOs 10.3, I wanted to make it the default. I
therefore edited /etc/yaboot.conf, replacing "defaultos=macos" by
"defaultos=macosx" and ran ybin.

Here is how it works now: if pressed in good time, the "x" and "l" keys
launch MacOs 10 and Linux; the key "m" does nothing and MacOs 10 starts
after a few seconds.

As a result, I am now unable to start MacOs 9, except by using the "alt"
key, which takes some time and requires a few clicks.

It would seem that the "m" key is not actually associated with MacOs 9, but
would another key perhaps be?

Also, I use a french keyboard: is it relevant to the situation?

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Charles