G4 XServe

Atro Tossavainen atro.tossavainen+ydl at helsinki.fi
Tue Nov 23 03:31:20 MST 2004

Jonathan,

>     Has anyone successfully installed YDL 4 on an XServe G4? Every time
> the machine boots the install kernel (discs from 2004-11), it panics
> just after initializing the USB controller but before initializing the
> VFS for the installer. It also complains about "bad CRC" but doesn't
> allude to a particular device. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Haven't even tried, but I have such a computer at my disposal.  However,
since the service it performs cannot be taken down at will, I can't try
it right away.  There will be a service window in the next couple of
weeks during which I could give it a try unless nobody else figures it
out before that.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,