shifted screen ydl 3.0 on iMAC 400mhz

mike mertens mertmj at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 07:31:58 MST 2004

Hi All,

I have tried googling this and looking at the achive
but to no avail.

OK just installed ydl 3 on the above machine. Using
Gnome, and everything is fine, except X: basically,
the visible screen area is being truncated on the left
of the momitor by about 1/2 an inch. I am normally a
x86 user, so on a PC I would just adjust the monitor
settings to align the viewable area to the physical
monitor display. Not sure if you can do this with a
iMAC though, and anyway, it may be an x configuration
problem. Whatever, this is frustrating, since it's the
only blip on a so far great experience of this linux
distro.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Mike