YDL4 won't install on an iMac - X-window fails

George Katele gkatele at interaccess.com
Wed Nov 24 10:18:50 MST 2004

Here's my computer:

450 MHz sage iMac with built in CD/DVD ROM
Upgraded to 120 gig maxtor internal drive
640 megs of RAM.

The drive is partitioned into two partitions:
Partition #1 - free space
Partition #2 - Mac OS X

I had YDL 3.01 installed on the Mac, and all was fine.
I tried to install 4.0, and it wouldn't recognize the partitions.

OK - reformat, reinstall OS X

Same thing.

Screw it. Back to YDL 3.01 - all's well.

Try to install 4.0.

Installs OK (!), but when it boots, it won't load the GUI. Asks if I
want a diagnostic output, and sits there with a command prompt.

Reinstall YDL 3.01 - all's well again.

sigh....what am I doing wrong?

TIA

George