YDL4 won't install on an iMac - X-window fails

Eddie Bindt eddieb at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 24 11:12:27 MST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, George Katele wrote:

Hmm, saying that it wont install is a bit to much ...
YDL4 installs but X wont work. That is a known problem on certain types of
hardware. Because of that problem there is an errata in the UPDATES
section ... See :
http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/yellowdog-4.0/ppc/Xautoconfig-0.23-1.ydl.2.ppc.rpm

If you run yum update or install this newer Xautoconfig your problem
should be solved.

execute the command "Xautoconfig" as root and a new working X config
should be created. After that X should start fine...

Good Luck,

Eddie

--
Eddie Bindt