mounting a digital camera

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Wed Nov 24 14:07:14 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 13:37, harald ornstein wrote:

This may work for you:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/USB-Digital-Camera-HOWTO.html

This HOWTO as been wrote in April 2002, so I wouldn't bet on it :)

Usually, its as easy as "<mount <device> <where>" but there is many
variables...

Are you sure the kernel 'see' the camera?
Connect it, reboot then perform:

	cat /var/log/dmesg | grep usb

The output will confirm if it is recognized or not... until then, I will
wait for your reply upon that I will help you setting it up: That will
be to register the camera in /etc/fstab and a couple simple scripts that
will make mount & download the content fast&easy.