YDL 4.0 on PowerMac G5 w/bluetooth wo/modem

Curt Arnold curt.arnold at mac.com
Sun Nov 28 22:45:11 MST 2004

I've been unable to get a newly installed YDL 4.0 to successfully boot
(other than in single user mode) on a new Power Mac G5 2.0 GHz with the
built-in Bluetooth module and without the modem.  I've been using a
wired keyboard and mouse for this process, though for normal OS/X I use
the bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

During boot I get the following messages:

agppart: Unsupported apple chipset (device id: 0059)
macserial: can't request IO resource
RAMDISK: incomplete write (-28 !=32768) 4194303

If I attempt a normal boot, I will stall in "Checking new hardware".
If I try "linux runlevel=3", I stall on initializing the firewire
driver.  If I try "linux runlevel=3 nofirewire", I stall after Enabling
swap space.

For bonus points: How do I modify the yaboot menu so I can boot either
off of my Panther on my first hard drive (same as YDL) or Tiger preview
off the second hard drive?