YDL 4.0 on PowerMac G5 w/bluetooth wo/modem

Curt Arnold curt.arnold at mac.com
Mon Nov 29 11:03:26 MST 2004

On Nov 29, 2004, at 10:00 AM, Felix Jodoin wrote:

> In answer to getting YDL 4 to boot, try typing in "linux-g5". Hit tab
> to see the kernels available. That's just a guess, I'm not sure if
> that will solve it or if that's what you're doing.
> - -Felix

I have linux and linux-up listed as the available kernels.  I assume
linux-up is the uniprocessor kernel.  Using it did not seem to change
the behavior.  Attempting to use linux-g5 resulted in an kernel not
found message.

On Nov 29, 2004, at 10:05 AM, Nigel Horne wrote:

> macserial: can't request IO resource
>  RAMDISK: incomplete write (-28 !=32768) 4194303
>
> I see the same error when booting.

Does that mean that you are not  seeing: "agppart: Unsupported apple
chipset (device id: 0059)"?

The macserial line is consistent with my lack of a modem.  If you also
don't have a modem, but are able to boot, that would suggest to me that
my failure to boot is unrelated to my lack of modem.

Don't know the reason behind the ominous RAMDISK message.  However, if
you are able to boot after seeing it, likely it is also unrelated to my
problem.

My guess is that the "agppart" message is due to the presence of the
bluetooth module.  Since it is a factory installed option, I can't just
pull it to see if I can boot without it.