MOL - Mac on LInux

Eric D hideme666 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 05:20:37 MDT 2004

Re: 3.0.1 had problems with MOL

Can you (or anyone) elaborate on said problems

I've discovered a thread on the maconlinux mailing list where someone
supposedly got MOL running on his box. I'm working my way through his
trouble-shooting process without the same success :( (one of my problems is
that I don't have rpmbuild... how does one get this?).

Eric.

PS Would Debian cause me fewer headaches overall? (running MOL isn't a major
issue for me) & I'm going to avoid YDL 4.0 until it hits at least 4.0.1!

>From: Ryan Nix <rnix at prometheon.net>
>To: Yellow Dog Linux General Discussion List
><yellowdog-general at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
>Subject: Re: MOL - Mac on LInux
>Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:39:27 -0500
>
>Which version of YDL?  3.0.1 had problems.
>
>4 is supposed to work althought I haven't tried it since downloading it
>yesterday.
>
>Eric D wrote:
>
>>Well, I tried to get MOL running without any success. The built-in version
>>wasn't happy (the kernel module for MOL was nearly the same version as the
>>kernel except with SMP appended). The -a flag wasn't enough to get
>>startmol running.
>>
>>Downloading MOL from the maconlinux site was an exercise in futility. The
>>RPM wouldn't install and building it from scratch also wasn't working. I
>>also lack rpmbuild which I can't seem to get from yum.
>>
>>Well, time for bed. Any thoughts people?
>>
>>I'm also wondering what is the best choice for Linux on a Mac? Is Debian
>>perhaps a better choice since it seems MOL is built for it (which to me
>>would suggest it's the more common install?)? Or is YDL the easiest and/or
>>most stable of all the Linuxes out there?
>>
>>Thanks, Eric.

to offer.
first two months FREE*.