Just curious (additional)

GDB-B&W-YDL3.0.1 slugg0 at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 2 10:53:33 MDT 2004

Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:

>Sounds like you need to not only reset the PRAM, but reset the nvram as
>well. Note that resetting the nvram also resets the PRAM. In OF, just type:
>
>reset-nvram
>set-default
>reset-all
>
>On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 10:08:34 -0400, GDB-B&W-YDL3.0.1 wrote:
>

>>GDB-B&W-YDL3.0.1 wrote:

>>><SNIP>
>>>
>>>Some of you may remember this thread from awhile back.  As an update,
>>>I finally got around to repartitioning my B&W HD as it should be.  Now
>>>my bootstrap is located on HDA9, OS9 is HDA11 and OSX is HDA13.  The
>>>original problem I had was that when I went into OS9 and tried to
>>>restart the computer, it would hang, basically just a blank screen.
>>>Now that I have redone everything, both OSX and OS9 cause this
>>>problem!  The only time I get the yaboot screen is when I restart from
>>>YDL.  The original problem was thought to be because of the odd
>>>location of my bootstrap drive but now it's in the "right" location.
>>>Any ideas?
>>>

>>Forgot to mention that the only way to recover from this condition is to
>>reset the PRAM (Command-Option-P-R).  If I go into the Open Firmware
>>screen I get the following error message twice at the top of the screen:
>>
>>NO ADDRESS PROPERTY FOUND!
>>
>>Is this a clue?  Typing mac-boot at the prompt then takes me back to the
>>yaboot screen as it should.
>>
>>Just a message from Doug...

Okay, gave that a shot.  The reset-nvram line went fine, but the
set-default line resulted in a BAD DEFAULT error message.  I did some
googling for this message but the only thing I found was in some other
language so I could not read what it said about it.  What does it mean?

Just a message from Doug...