The trouble with yum /installing Mol...

markov at tele2.be markov at tele2.be
Sat Oct 2 12:28:50 MDT 2004

I'm installing mol, and yumming downto the single processor
kernel.

I get the following problem when I replace one line in /etc/yum.conf:
every ten minutes I get:
IOError: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

This is not funny, I restart and get further (it starts at the point where it ends..

I then  decide to take the yum file from:
http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Configuring+YDL/Kernel+Errors+and+Mac+On+Linux
because I'm using a dial in (free in belgium with tele2 till end 2004 ;-) and think this
server might be better, if it does not throw me out.

But then I get:

[root at localhost root]# yum install kernel
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.01 updates
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/yum", line 44, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "yummain.py", line 141, in main
  File "clientStuff.py", line 655, in get_package_info_from_servers
  File "clientStuff.py", line 104, in HeaderInfoNevralLoad
ValueError: unpack list of wrong size

I know what it is, the guy at sharplabs should put his file in ascii,
I guess there are some chars in it that can't be copied...
(copying from html deletes CRs or so & other stuff...)

When I do yum clean, I get:
yum clean
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.01 updates
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/yum", line 44, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "yummain.py", line 141, in main
  File "clientStuff.py", line 655, in get_package_info_from_servers
  File "clientStuff.py", line 104, in HeaderInfoNevralLoad
ValueError: unpack list of wrong size

I can of course replace /yum.conf whit the one that worked for some
miniutes, but it lmight be better to have the fresrpms site...
Will I have to type it in?  Or is there another error??

Marc