Mol ... problems after doing so..

Eric D hideme666 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 2 20:23:04 MDT 2004

>From: <markov at tele2.be>
>Subject: Mol ...  problems after doing so..
>Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 0:09:54 +0200
>
>I thought I did everything the way I should,
>(sharplabs...)
>
>look:
>
>[root at localhost root]# uname -a
>Linux localhost 2.4.22-2g #1 Tue Dec 2 22:48:31 MST 2003 ppc ppc ppc
>GNU/Linux

Looks like you got the new kernel running (more than I managed to do with
yum update kernel).

>What kind of thing didi I do wrong??
>
>It's treu I downloaded 0.70, but that could not install with rpm -i,
>and would like it to work with this os, I have a dialin...

The fact that you have dial-in won't matter. You now have to recompile the
mol-kmods to match the 2g kernel (see instructions earlier this week in this
forum and in the August archives for MacOnLinux.com's mailing list (view by
Thread to see the history).

>Eric, where is that vminux....22fSMP kernel that should work,
>google doesnt klnow about it...

I don't know if this would be a bad thing (since I don't know how kernels
work) but I could always e-mail it to you (4.5 MB). Though, I suspect it's
not the best of ideas to mix-and-match kernels without all the supporting
configuration files, etc. I suspect (though am not sure, it may have been
installed by a yum update kernel or yum install kernel-source) that the
22fSMP kernel was already installed when I  installed Linux. I'm sure people
on this list can help you with the challenge of downgrading a kernel to a
previous version... though, perhaps you may want to learn how to recompile
mol-kmod (I'll try that someday soon b/c I want learn how to do recompiles
(eventually I'd like to get into a little bit of C coding)).

Eric.