Partitions and disk space

John M. Wright jmw at chem.ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 4 12:54:14 MDT 2004

Steve,

You can probably achieve the effect you want without re-partitioning,
by creating some directories in /home or /usr (eg, /home/www), and
creating soft links to them in /var (eg, after copying your existing
/var/www to /usr/www, delete it from /var and create a soft link
/var/www that points to /home/www).  Not so elegant, perhaps, but
it's a reasonable way to effectively re-allocate disk space.

John Wright

 Dr. John M. Wright, Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry, M/S 0314, UCSD,
 La Jolla, CA 92093-0314; email: jwright at ucsd.edu; phone: 858-534-3049

On  Mon, 04 Oct 2004, "Steven J. Norton" <sjnorton at okno.com> typed: