Keeping apps open without any windows open

Eric D hideme666 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 4 15:58:41 MDT 2004

Is it possible to have an app stay open (in GNOME) WITHOUT having any
windows open. It is extremely irritating to have to re-launch an app each
time I close the last window (particularly web browsers).

For some very simple apps I do agree with the conceptual framework of having
the app disappear when you click the close button (usually because the task
that the app was open for is complete). But for complex ones like a web
browser or a word processor -- it drives me batty (and really slows work
flow down).

Eric.

to offer.
first two months FREE*.