Anyone running YDL 4.0 on G3 PB?

markie at ydl.net markie at ydl.net
Tue Oct 5 12:09:40 MDT 2004

Quoting Felix Jodoin <felixj at shaw.ca>:

> On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 03:01, Mark Jaffe wrote:
> > I have installed YDL 4.0 to my G3/400 (Pismo) and am unable to get X11
> > to run. Does anyone have this configured properly, and can send me
> > their XF86Config file?
>
> I also will be installing YDL 4.0 when the download is free (or when
> it's available for purchase) and I will be using a PB Pismo. I know that
> the Pismo uses an agp rage 128 mobility with 8mb of video ram, And it
> can do up to 1024x786. Hope that helps!
> -Felix

Hopefully this will be fixed soon. YDL 4.0 RC3 recognizes and configures the
laptop automatically during install, but the final version fails miserably to
configure. So I am resinstalling RC3 to grab the config settings before I redo
the final installation, hoping that it will allow me to use the networking
capabilities. Airport was recognized and configured in RC3 but did not make a
usable connection.

Mark