Making a script executable

Charles Pillsbury cpillsbury at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 16:40:56 MDT 2004

it has to be in your PATH variable... try going into the directory and
typing ./mg and it should work.  You can find the PATH variable being
set in your .profile usually... and can add the path to your script
(the directory it's in) if you want to.

charlesP

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 18:35:49 -0400, Eric D <hideme666 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to make a script executable but not having much luck with it:
>
> I've put the following into a file called mg.
>
> mount /dev/hdc7 /mnt/macosx -thfsplus
>
> I have chmod a+x mg
>
> This is what the permissions look like for mg:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 edunbar edunbar       38 Oct  4 20:20 mg
>
> When I try to run it from the command line (bash) I get:
>
> bash: mg: command not found
>
> 2nd question: I probably have to be root to mount a hfs+ partition... how
> can I build that into the script?
>
> Eric.

http://www.wordtrip.com
Wordtrip.com - All Things Wordly