YDL 4.0 on a PB 1Ghz 12"

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Wed Oct 6 13:07:48 MDT 2004

Hello,

I've downloaded 4.0 in expectation it was a GA...  does not seem to be after
all. Installation went smoothly, X is working fine, but sound is crap.

The test at the end of installation was fine though... But on reboot I got
error messages (sorry did not write it down). Anyway, googling suggested
setting OSS to 8 bit. This works somewhat (*some* wave files do sound) but
most sounds are still only noise. xmms segfaults, mp3 and oggs won't play,
not even a music CD will play.

Am I missing something?

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein