Headless YellowDog

Ben Ricker bricker at brick.net
Wed Oct 6 20:20:34 MDT 2004

I want to run Yellow Dog running Gnome without a monitor. Instead, I
want to use VNC from my laptop.

I have VncServer running great and I boot into OS 9 then automatically
into Linux. When it comes up, I can VNC into the box and get the X
server running. It is your basic X server with the default window
manager and xterm up.

I looked all over Google for a step-by-step or even I high level config
for it.

Also, I start gdm at boot on runlevel 5 and X keeps crashing with a "no
screens found" error.

Any pointers? Anyone else ever run Gnome through VNC without a monitor?

Thanks,

Ben