Installing YDL 4.0 on a Dual G4 XServe..

Atro Tossavainen atro.tossavainen+ydl at helsinki.fi
Fri Oct 8 00:30:31 MDT 2004

Gavin Hemphill wrote:

> what SCSI card does the G4 xserv have?  That's what's killing my
> installs on any of my towers with SCSI cards.
> 	G++

It doesn't have one, it's all IDE.

For whatever very little it's worth, our G4 Xserve is still running
2.3.  I could upgrade the kernel to the 2.6 series on the 2.3 if I
needed to.  So far, the benefits of installing a completely new
distribution have not outweighed the trouble of having to do a manual
reinstall of the software RAID1 configuration I took some trouble
in creating.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,