What gives?

GDB-B&W-YDL3.0.1 slugg0 at adelphia.net
Tue Oct 12 06:41:56 MDT 2004

Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:

>Evidently, on your machine, "hd" is the devalias for
>"/pci at 80000000/pci-bridge at d/pci-ata at 1/@0/disk at 0" in OF. Now that you have
>the choice of OF in the prompt, you can try it and type boot hd:13,\\:tbxi
>and see if it works that way.
>
><SNIP>

Okay, from YDL I rebooted and selected the open firmware boot option.
 Typed in boot hd:13,\\:tbxi and here is what the results looked like:

boot hd:13,\\:tbxi load-size=2a2a3a adler32=d4652b38

parsing <CHRP-BOOT>

evaluating <BOOT-SCRIPT>

method <set-colors> not found; ihandle=ff9d27c0 phandle=ff874960 method
<read-rectangle> not found; ihandle=ff9d27c0 phandle=ff873898 method
<draw-rectangle> not found; ihandle=ff9d27c0 phandle=ff873898 method
<draw-rectangle> not found; ihandle=ff9d27c0 phandle=ff873898

After this nothing.  Machine was locked up.  A keyboard power reset
brought me back to the yaboot prompt screen.  Booted into YDL where I am
typing this.  Does this mean we are getting closer to the problem?  I
thought sure it would boot into OSX using this method as choosing OSX
from the menu works just fine.  I wish I knew more about all this but I
am picking up a few pointers along the way.

Just a message from Doug...