[OT] - Downloadable Mac OS

Brian Barr barr at coastal.ufl.edu
Wed Oct 13 12:30:09 MDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:00:19 -0600 (MDT)
Norberto Quintanar  wrote:

> It's looking like one can not get rid of the mac os completely on an oldworld mac.

Have you tried miBoot?  I have a PowerTower running YDL that only has miboot on the first partition.  Seems like if it was properly configured on a CD, it should be bootable on an Old World machine.

Didn't LinuxPPC used to use this method?  It's been brought up on the list before, that's where I got the idea.  Someone even posted a link to the version that works with an external configuration file (others need to have ResEdit change strings in a resource which is not my  cup of tea...)>

--
Sincerely,
Brian Barr