For Matthias Saou - Thunderbird 0.8.x, Firefox 1.0x

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 12:57:42 MDT 2004

First of all: thanks to Matthias for building the Firefox 0.10.1 for YDL 3!

Second: is it possible to have two different versions of FireFox
installed at the same time. I like the snazzy features of
0.10.1-0.10.0.yd3 but I find it's a lot less stable than
0.9.2-0.5.0.yd3. I'm having crashes occasionally when I'm doing simple
things like opening up a new tab or clicking on a link that'll open up
in a new window (like the 'pictures' often affiliated with Wired
articles).

PS Anyone who updated to 0.10.0 and wants to downgrade... chances are
the previous version of FireFox is available on your computer still
(it's not at FreshRPMs AFAIK). I'm not sure how to use yum to do this
but I suspect that yum remove firefox followed by rpm -i
/var/cache/yum/fresh/packages/firefox-0.9.2-5.0.yd3.fr.ppc.rpm will
install 0.9.2 (which I'll be trying after dashing off this e-mail).
(provided 0.9.2 was previously installed on your computer ;-).

PSS to any other neophytes... I used 'locate firefox|grep .rpm' to
find the rpms.

Eric.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:53:24 +0200, Matthias Saou
<thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net>